Monday, April 6, 2009

Canned Tuna, I Salute Thee

When you live in L.A., you have to be thinny and/or skinny (depending on the time of the month/year). When I need a big boost, I go on a regimen that goes sort of like this:
1. Hydroxycut with a big glass of water when I get hungry, to keep me from eating for a little bit longer then,
2. Eat
3. Aili, depending on the fat content of what I just ate -- if oatmeal, then no Aili; if bacon on the side of my oatmeal, Aili
4. Repeat for lunch
5. Dinner with a multi-vitamin

But when I get to where I want to be, which is usually something like a paltry 2-3 lbs later, I switch over to a tuna diet, and for good reason.

This is for my BFF, Bridget Blonde, who balks when I want to split a tuna sandwich. From AskMen.com, the highest authority on canned tuna fish:


"Since protein is such a vital component of any diet and is designed to help build muscle or lose body fat, finding some taste-bud friendly canned tuna meals will make reaching your protein goals that much easier.If you're often short in your daily protein intake, you simply will not get the results you’re looking for in the gym, so protein intake is something that absolutely must not be overlooked.


Canned tuna is often shunned by dieters because many people don't care for the taste. This is unfortunate, because not only is it cheap and incredibly fast to prepare, it’s also virtually carb- and fat-free, making it a solid source of protein for those who are either trying to strip off extra layers of body fat or build muscle mass.


If you know some simple cooking tricks, you can revitalize your canned tuna meals and you might just start to look forward to it as a mainstay in your diet. Here are 10 different ways you can whip up healthy canned tuna meals in less than 10 minutes."




If you want to know how to glamorize the king of canned fish, click here.

1 comment:

  1. So what do you think about the Hydroxycut recall? Are you worried?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day.